What ports of entry is Vietnam Visa On Arrival available?
Applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival is so easy and convenient for travelers who want to take a trip to Vietnam. After getting a pre-approved letter via email, tourists or businessmen can get their visa stamped at a Vietnam international airport upon arrival. So which airports is Vietnam Visa on Arrival available? In this article, we will list down all the Vietnam international airports which are eligible for Vietnam Visa on Arrival.
There are 7 Vietnam international airports that are available for Vietnam Visa On Arrival as the following list:
- Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city
- Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city
- Cam Ranh international airport in Khanh Hoa province
- Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city
- Cat Bi international airport in Hai Phong city
- Phu Quoc international airport in Phu Quoc island
- Lien Khuong airport in Da Lat city
Procedure at the point of arrival :
- Step 1: Find the Landing Visa counter after landing a Vietnam international airport
- Step 2: At Landing Visa counter, you need to present your passport which is valid for at least 6 months and other documents. The officer will check your documents so this step will take a while. You also need to pay for the Government fee at this step.
- Step 3: Receive your passport with a visa sticker.
- Step 4: Move to the Vietnam Immigration counter, get an entry stamp, and pick up your luggage after that.
The following basic documents will be required at Vietnam international airport
- Original Passport, the visa is only issued in a passport valid for more than 6 months from the intended entry date (damaged passport will not be accepted)
- Entry and exit form which should be filled in advance
- 2 photos sized in the photo on your passport
- Government fee of $25 in US currency for a single entry ($50 for multiple entries, $95 for 6 months visa and $135 for 1 year)
- Although there are many international airports in Vietnam, Visa on Arrival is only accepted at the airports in the above list. Hence, you must make your entry to Vietnam through these airports.
- Visa On Arrival is just valid for those who are going to enter Vietnam at international airports only. You cannot use it to enter Vietnam by seaports or border checkpoints (land ports). If you need to enter via other entry ports, please consider Vietnam Electronic Visa.
- After receiving your visa sticker at the Landing visa counter, you should spare your time to take a look at your visa stamp and check the validity which should be matched with the one on your pre-approved letter. If there any error, please report the officer right away.
- When comes to your exit, you can leave Vietnam at any ports you want including seaports or border checkpoints. You do not have to exit at the above international airports because you officially obtain a Vietnam visa after getting a visa sticker and entry stamp on your passport.
- There are always only 4 options for an applicant to choose: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, and Da Nang airport.
Some people are confused when filling out our application form at our website due to choices of arrival ports. Currently, it only shows 4 international airports Tan Son Nhat, Ha Noi, Da Nang, Cam Ranh at the arrival port box as default.
Written by Vietnam Immigration and Visa Consultation | Thu, Jul 02, 2020